Before installation, we need to prepare the following tools and materials:
1. Silicone: repair the gaps left by the marble paving;
2. Cement mortar: fixed marble countertops;
3. Sand: Make the base of the marble window sill;
4. Hammer: knock off the protective inlay on the back of the marble;
5. Cutting knife: for cutting marble;
6. Water: used to cool the marble after cutting;
7. Iron chisel: chisel away the protective inlay on the back of the marble;
8. Iron square and tape measure: used to measure the length and straight angle;
9. Cement shovel: for cement paste;
10. Wooden spacer: used to determine the height.
Preparatory work for cutting marble:
1. The two pieces of wood on the back of the marble are used to protect the marble from the impact of the ground for protection.
2. Put the marble on the skid. This process takes about 2-3 people to complete.
3. Use an iron square and tape measure to measure the required size of the marble, and then cut according to the design drawing.
4. Use a pen to draw a line on the measured marble.
The cutting process of making marble:
1. Start cutting the marble.
2. The marble should be cooled after cutting for a period of time, which can be stopped for a period of time or directly sprayed to cool.
3. Place the marble on the window sill and observe the gaps around the marble.
4. The marble details are reprocessed and remember to flow out of its ears.
5. The inlay protection behind the cut marble and the uncut marble inlay protection will be chipped away. Use a cutter to level the back of the marble.
6. Measure the size of the marble to be spliced on the windowsill.
7. Repeat the above procedure to process the spliced marble.
The basic process of making windowsill:
1. Use wooden spacers to determine the height of the marble base layer on the window sill where marble is to be laid.
2. Pour in the prepared sand, and be careful not to overdo it. The sand needs to be screened and the degree of fineness should be almost the same.
3. Smooth the base layer, and the height of the base layer should be the same as the height of the wooden pad before.
4. Cover the cut marble, taking care not to damage the base layer below. After placing it, use a spirit level to check the level of the marble.
5. Make the cement mortar by hand, and pour the cement mortar on the base layer after finishing.
The process of installing and protecting the marble window sill:
1. Cover the marble, remember to be accurate, especially the position of a pair of ears.
2. Detect with a spirit level, and adjust the marble level quickly. Add support rods to the outer edge of the marble to fix it.
3. Fill the gaps between the edges of the finished marble with silica gel and protect the surface.