Granite countertops need special maintenance so that they can remain beautiful over the years. Although granite is scratch-resistant, it is still necessary to properly maintain the countertops of this material. Here are some simple procedures to follow:
1. The spill will penetrate into the surface, so when the spill occurs, wipe it off immediately to avoid staining.
2. The surface of the stone is neutral, like stone soap or mild detergent and warm water, you can use it with confidence.
3. When cleaning with soap and liquid, you can use a soft and clean cloth to clean, and then thoroughly clean with water.
4. If it is accidentally stained, remove it according to the type of stain. First, try to stick it away with a paste: Mix a cup of flour, 1-2 tablespoons of dishwashing liquid, and water to form a paste. Put the paste on the stain and cover it with a plastic cover. After the next morning, you can use a wooden utensil to scrape off the paste and then wash it off with water. This method is applicable except for stains caused by grease, oil, and milk. To remove stains caused by grease, oil, and milk, use hydrogen peroxide or ammonia instead of dishwashing liquid to make a paste.
5. For organic stains caused by coffee, tea, or fruit, it should be very effective to use hydrogen peroxide with a solubility of 12% and a few drops of ammonia to remove it.
(1) The stains caused by ink, marking and alcohol, if it is dark granite, it is required to use paint thinner or acetone solution to remove. For light-colored granite, hydrogen peroxide can be used.
(2) Another way to eliminate wine, ink, or any other non-greasy stains is to mix plaster and pure bleach into a paste, leave it on for 30 minutes, and then rinse off.
(3) The stains caused by oil or fat can be mixed with plaster and water to form a paste, put it on for 3 hours, then remove and clean it.
(4) Granite countertops need to be sealed every two or three years. You can ask your installer how often your countertops are needed. Of course, countertops used to store food should use a non-toxic seal Box machine.
(5) If you prefer to use cleaners, there are new disinfectant cleaners on the market that specifically clean granite countertops.
(6) Any problems you cannot handle or are unfamiliar with, please ask professionals to handle the cleaning work.
(7) Suitable for trays, especially alcoholic and citrus beverages. The acidity of these beverages will corrode the stone surface.
(8) Don’t put hot things on the countertop.
(9) Frequently check the damage of these cleaning methods to the color or granite of a small area.